Daily Journal Prompts July 2-July 8

As you play and experiment with these prompts, please know that there is no right or wrong way to use them. You may do one a day, a few a week, or even one a week. You may stick closely to them or you may use them as a leaping-off point, ending up somewhere far away from the original prompt. Do not worry about writing “well” or “poorly.” This is not about perfection or judgement. This is about your own personal exploration. If you would like to share some of it with the group when we meet on Thursday night at 7 EST, we welcome your share (we will not critique it, only support it). If you’d prefer to keep it private, we welcome you to come listen or to share a bit about your process. Again, there’s no right or wrong way. We are honored to listen and to hold space for your process. 
  1. Who am I grateful for today? As I reflect upon this person or people, can I name three specific reasons why I am grateful for them? What is one way that I can demonstrate or act upon my gratitude through either words or actions—or both? 
  2. What am I grateful for today? As I reflect upon this thing, situation, or personal reality, can I name three specific reasons why I am grateful for it? What is one way that I can demonstrate or act upon my gratitude through either words or actions—or both? 
  3. As I name and reflect upon a situation in my life that is causing me distress, how might I pause and reframe that situation? Is there a way to see it as an invitation or opportunity? If so, how so?
  4. My favorite time of day, the season when I love it most, and the place where I love to be to experience it. As I go there now in my imagination, what do I sense? Am I alone or with an other/others? What am I doing? How do my mind, body, and spirit feel? Use as many senses as you can to explore this prompt! If you need inspiration, Google “The Lake Isle of Innisfree” by William Butler Yeats. 
  5. Is it okay to feel joy when there is so much suffering in the world? What role does joy play amidst suffering?
  6. A particular moment of true fear. What does it taste like? Smell like? Sound like? What do I do with my body in this moment? Do I use my voice? Where does my mind go? Does every part of me feel the fear? Do I stay in it or move to the other side of it? How?
  7. What is the part/what are the parts of me that I most want to share with the world, and what is the best way for me to do this? Are there things keeping me from fully sharing? If so, can I name them?

Popular Posts