Daily Journal Prompts July 9-July 15

This week, if you want, try writing for a few minutes in the morning and then again for a few minutes in the evening. Each time, answer the same question. Note any similarities or differences between the two entries as you write in the evening. 


OR


Choose just one of these prompts and try writing about it every day for 4 to 7 days. On the last day, read over your entries for the week, and then write about any changes that have occurred, surprises you’ve discovered, or ways in which these entries have impacted you this week. 


Before you begin writing, settle into a quiet place, maybe with a favorite beverage, and try taking a few deep, slow breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth. You may want to try the 3, 6, 9 method we discussed in this past week’s room: in through the nose for 3 seconds, hold for 6 seconds, then out for 9 seconds. This helps you connect with your parasympathetic (rest and digest) nervous system. This, in turn, helps you to tap into your wild mind and just write! 


  1. What am I most proud of about myself today? Be as specific as possible.
  2. What is worrying me today? Why? How am I dealing with this worry?
  3. Who/what is inspiring me? How so? What am I doing with this inspiration?
  4. What do I wish I could forget? Why? What would happen if I did forget it?
  5. What do I wish I could remember? Why? What would happen if I did remember?
  6. What is challenging me? How do I feel about this challenge? What do I want to do in response to/with this challenge?
  7. What gift/blessing have I been given or have I given to another/others?

Popular Posts